Antivirus is an important tool for every person who uses computer devices. Antivirus has good uses and has some bad impacts too. But antivirus tool has more good impacts than bad impacts. In this article, we are gonna describe both.
Why do you need an antivirus tool?
Antivirus tools protect your computer from malware and cyber threats. It scans your computer for malicious codes and deletes them when found. Each update brings new techniques to find and remove malware. Prevents malware from damaging your device.
Find more statistics at Statista
How does an antivirus tool work?
Antivirus tool works with three methods. Here:
- Antivirus tools create a pattern against all possible malware. Then scan your device’s files to check if any patterns match those patterns of malware If matches take immediate action against them.
- Antivirus tool creates a pattern for every common file like image, video, code, etc Then scan your device files and if any file pattern doesn’t match the pattern of those common files then detect that file and alert you as an unknown file.
- Antivirus tools scan memory for suspicious activity like bot-based copying, moving, and deleting. If they find any suspicious activity, they run a full checkup on your device to find that malicious bot. And take action against it.
Antivirus tools update themselves and come up with new techniques and patterns to detect malware and cyber threats. A team of cyber security experts develops and modifies antivirus tools to combat cyber threats.
The good sides and bad sides of an antivirus
- Antivirus tools protect you from malware.
- They warn you before any potential cyber threats.
- Warns you about public networks.
- They can also protect you from sophisticated attacks like man-in-the-middle, ransomware, rootkits, etc.
- Antivirus tools perform many processes while scanning your computer which can slow down your computer.
- It can be expensive. A good antivirus tool is expensive.
- Sometimes antivirus can’t protect your computer from the latest threats which can be frustrating.
though antivirus tools have some bad impacts it is still an important tool for every computer user. You must use a good antivirus program to protect yourself from any possible cyber threat.